If you’re staying at Clink, or thinking of staying with us, then please take a minute to read our Terms & Conditions. These exist to make Clink a safe, happy and welcoming place to stay.
…for all guests
- Arrivals and Departures
Check-in is from 2:30pm. If you arrive before then we have a handy luggage room – dump your bags and go explore! Check-out is by 10am so please make sure you (and your belongings) are out of the room by then. Luggage storage (free until 2.30pm) can be arranged with reception. If you’re late to check out then you’ll be asked to pay for another night, so make sure that alarm is set!
Please make sure to bring a valid photo identification with you, preferably a passport, government issued I.D. card or driving license. You’ll need this to check in, so don’t forget it!
- Stag and Hen dos
We do not accept bookings for Stag / Hen dos to stay at any of our hostels. Clink reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who has booked online and is part of such a group.
- Age Restrictions
Bookings cannot be accepted from any person under the age of 18 unless they are accompanied by an adult (18 or over). Guests who wish to bring their children under 16 years of age must book a whole dorm or private room. For guests aged 16 or 17 years of age, they can book into one of dorm rooms, but must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 or over). Unlike some hostels we do not have an upper age limit but the majority of our guests are backpackers in the 18 to 30 age range.
- Room allocation
– If you’re travelling with friends or family, we’ll do our utmost to book you in a room together – but this can’t always be guaranteed. If you want to make sure that you aren’t separated from your group, we’d suggest booking a private room or taking over a whole dorm.
– Please note that all our dorms are mixed unless a girls only dorm is booked
– Please be aware that we only accept cash, Mastercard and Visa card payments. We do not accept American Express, Diners Club cards or any other card.
– The total price of your reservation may be charged in full on your credit card by Bed Reservations Ltd any time after booking.
– If the name on the card used to book is different to the name on the booking, you will be asked to send us a copy of the card and a photocopy of the cardholder’s ID/Passport/Driving License. Should we not receive these details by check-in time, you will be asked to make a payment for the same reservation with your personal card/cash on arrival and the original card used will be refunded.
– Any payments made in Bitcoins or other Cryptocurrencies will be refunded where applicable in GBP only and at the exchange rate set at the time of booking.
- Cancellation Policy ClinkNOORD
– Fully flexible rates: If you wish to cancel or amend your reservation to receive a full refund you will need to notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December). If you notify us any less than 48 hours before your arrival date, or in case of a no-show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
– Advance Purchase rates: If cancelled, modified, or in case of a no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
– If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
- Cancellation Policy London Hostels
– If you wish to cancel or amend your reservation to receive a full refund you will need to notify us by email at email@example.com 48 hours in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December).
– Failure to notify us, or in case of a no show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
– If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges
- Room Key Cards
You’ll be given a key-card when you check-in which gives you access to both the hostel and your room. If you lose your key card, it’s £2 (UK) and 2€ (Amsterdam) for a replacement – so please keep it safe!
- Special Offers and Packages
Clink Hostels run a variety of special offers and packages throughout the year. These are open to all guests except group bookings (over 15 people) to which different terms apply.
– All packages and special offers booked for 2015 onwards, will be non-refundable once the booking has been completed.
- Receipts and Invoices
If needed, we can provide receipts for proof of payment of your stay. Invoices, however, can only be provided by our reservations department for groups of 15 or more.
- Guest Behaviour
– The comfort, safety and security of our guests is really important to us. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be asked to leave the hostel premises and will not be given a refund.
– Guests are expected to respect other guests as well as staff, local residents and property.
- No Smoking
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Clink78 & Clink261 buildings. Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area at ClinkNOORD. Any guest found smoking inside the building, outside of the designated areas, will be fined (£50.00 in London, €50 in ClinkNOORD) and asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be issued for the stay.
- No Drugs
Drug use is illegal in England and the majority of the Netherlands. Any guest found using drugs within any of the buildings will be fined (£250 in London or €250 in ClinkNOORD). He/she will be asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be issued.
- Alcohol consumption
– We will not serve alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
– Due to our bar license, guests cannot bring their own alcohol onto the premises of Clink78, or ClinkNOORD.
– If you are found entering Clink78 with alcohol you will be charged £50.00 or €50 in ClinkNOORD and all alcohol will be confiscated until you leave the building at checkout. Alcohol is available in the bar and can be consumed there and in the surrounding designated areas only.
- Personal Property
Each pod bed (in dorm rooms) has a personal locker for small valuables. For larger valuables there are lockers located throughout the building. Please check with reception about the cost. It is a guest’s responsibility to ensure that personal belongings are secure at all times. Clink hostels accept no liability for the loss, theft or damage to guests’ property, however sustained or caused. We strongly recommend guests bring a padlock to use on luggage.
- Damage to Clink Hostels’ Property
Guests will be expected to reimburse Clink Hostels for any damage caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
Except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, Clink’s liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the services booked, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
- Your Information
Clink Hostels will only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out a contract with you, and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at 78 King’s Cross Road. London, WC1X 9QG.
- Errors and Omissions
Any omission or error in sales literature, web pages/sites, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, dispatch note, invoice or other documents issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
All bookings are subject to availability and Clink Hostels reserve the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
- We do not accept groups that include any persons under 15 years old in any of our hostels Clink78, Clink261 or ClinkNOORD.
- You must ensure that the room availability that is given to you allows you the flexibility to fit your boys/girls breakdown.
- When submitting your request, the following info must be included: age of students, nationality, number of leaders and if you are coming by coach. At least one group leader must be with the group at all times – this is in case of an emergency or inappropriate behaviour.
- Group leader’s responsibilities: The group leader must ensure that the whole group co-operates fully with our staff if, for example, the building needs to be promptly evacuated.
- Group payment terms:
- A first instalment of 25% of the full booking value must be paid to confirm the reservation.
- The remaining will need to be paid at least 1 month before the group arrival date.
- Please note that our group cancellation policy is 28 days before the group’s arrival. A refund cannot be given if notice of cancellation is given after outside of this period.
- We will do our best to accommodate a change in the number of guests providing it does not exceed 20% of the total number of guests in the group and as long as it requested at least 1 month before group arrival.
- We will accommodate the number of people in the room types specified on the voucher and pre-confirmed by you. In the unusual circumstance that more people arrive with your group than have been booked with us, we will try and accommodate the extra people but they will be asked to pay out single booking rack rate at check-in.
- We have strict regulations concerning coaches which will be outlined by our groups department. Failure to respect the rules will result either in the refusal of the group to check-in or, if they are already staying, their deposit will be lost and no accommodation will be refunded.
- We do not offer coach parking, please ensure that drivers are fully aware of this and have organised proper coach parking prior to arrival.
- If requested, drivers can be booked out in local B&B’s (you will be charged B&B rates). The cancellation policy for these bookings is 2 weeks prior arrival.
- One group leader will be required to fill in a credit card authorization form upon arrival for a “Group Deposit”. This will need to be the card holder. We will pre-authorize the card for £300 for London and €300 for Amsterdam. Money will be deducted if;
- Members of group are misbehaving in or outside the building, being noisy or causing damage to the property
- Underage group members (under 18) are found in the bar (regardless if they are drinking alcohol or not)
- Interfering with fire alarm or smoking in the room
- The Bus driver is not following coach instructions
- Key cards for room access are lost (£1.66 exclusive of VAT per keycard (London) and €1.88 exclusive of BTW per keycard (Amsterdam)
- This list is not conclusive.
- Deposits MUST be paid by presenting a credit card. Cash deposits are NOT accepted.
- Please keep in mind that we cannot always accommodate groups all on the same floor because of the layout of the buildings and the room type chosen, but we will always try and do our best to accommodate groups close together.
- We offer free luggage storage until 2.30pm. Unfortunately, we cannot always facilitate groups who need to leave luggage till later than this time. If your group is going to arrive before 2.30pm please advise us at the time of booking so a luggage room can be organised
- Please note that prices for group services (packed lunch, restaurants, attractions…) are subject to change without notice.
- Groups can check-in until 4am. Guests will only be able to access their room after 2.30pm.
- Due to our bar license, guests are prohibited from bringing and consuming alcohol purchased from outside the premises. We reserve the right to fine each guest £50.00 in London or €50.00 in Amsterdam if he/she is found consuming alcohol not bought on the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted by law. Any guest found smoking within the building (except for the designated smoking area in ClinkNOORD) will be fined (£50.00 in London and €50.00 in Amsterdam) and asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be offered. Guests staying at Clink can smoke on the pavement, in front of the premises in London and in designated areas in Amsterdam.
- Drug use is illegal in England and throughout most of the Netherlands. Any guest found using drugs within the building will be fined (£250.00 in London and €250 in Amsterdam) and asked to leave the premises immediately. No refund will be offered.
- We cannot accept deliveries of packed lunches, dinners, tickets or anything of that variety ordered by an external company at any of our premises.
- Please ensure guests have adequate travel insurance. We do NOT take responsibility for any lost or stolen property. Please inform your groups.
- In the event of Force Majeure (governmental action; fire; flood; insurrection; earthquake; power failure; riot; explosion; embargo, transportation interruption of any kind; terrorist attack; acts of God… ) affecting your booking, the company reserves the right to receive any outstanding payments in connection to your confirmed booking.
- All bookings are subject to availability and Clink hostels reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion
- Booking a client at Clink Hostels, regardless if any signature given, is acceptance of the above important points.