If you’re staying at Clink, or thinking of staying with us, then please take a minute to read our Terms & Conditions. These exist to make Clink a safe, happy and welcoming place to stay.
…for all guests
- Arrivals and Departures
Check-in is from 2:30pm. If you arrive before then we have a handy luggage room – dump your bags and go explore! Check-out is by 10am so please make sure you (and your belongings) are out of the room by then. Luggage storage (free until 2.30pm) can be arranged with reception. If you’re late to check out then you’ll be asked to pay for another night, so make sure that alarm is set!
Please make sure to bring a valid photo identification with you, preferably a passport, government issued I.D. card or driving license. You’ll need this to check in, so don’t forget it!
- Age Restrictions
Bookings cannot be accepted from any person under the age of 18 unless they are accompanied by an adult (18 or over). Guests who wish to bring their children under 16 years of age must book a whole dorm or private room. For guests aged 16 or 17 years of age, they can book into one of dorm rooms, but must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 or over). Unlike some hostels we do not have an upper age limit but the majority of our guests are backpackers in the 18 to 30 age range.
- Room allocation
– If you’re travelling with friends or family, we’ll do our utmost to book you in a room together – but this can’t always be guaranteed. If you want to make sure that you aren’t separated from your group, we’d suggest booking a private room or taking over a whole dorm.
– Please note that all our dorms are mixed unless a girls only dorm is booked
– Please be aware that we only accept cash, Mastercard and Visa card payments. We do not accept American Express, Diners Club cards or any other card.
– The total price of your reservation may be charged in full on your credit card by Bed Reservations Ltd any time after booking.
– If the name on the card used to book is different to the name on the booking, you will be asked to send us a copy of the card and a photocopy of the cardholder’s ID/Passport/Driving License. Should we not receive these details by check-in time, you will be asked to make a payment for the same reservation with your personal card/cash on arrival and the original card used will be refunded.
– Any payments made in Bitcoins or other Cryptocurrencies will be refunded where applicable in GBP only and at the exchange rate set at the time of booking.
- Cancellation Policy ClinkNOORD
– Fully flexible rates: If you wish to cancel or amend your reservation to receive a full refund you will need to notify us by email at [email protected] 48 hours in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December). If you notify us any less than 48 hours before your arrival date, or in case of a no-show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
– Advance Purchase rates: If cancelled, modified, or in case of a no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
– If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
- Cancellation Policy London Hostels
– If you wish to cancel or amend your reservation to receive a full refund you will need to notify us by email at [email protected] 48 hours in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December).
– Failure to notify us, or in case of a no show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
– If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges
- Room Key Cards
You’ll be given a key-card when you check-in which gives you access to both the hostel and your room. If you lose your key card, it’s £2 (UK) and 2€ (Amsterdam) for a replacement – so please keep it safe!
- Special Offers and Packages
Clink Hostels run a variety of special offers and packages throughout the year. These are open to all guests except group bookings (over 15 people) to which different terms apply.
– All packages and special offers booked for 2015 onwards, will be non-refundable once the booking has been completed.
- Receipts and Invoices
If needed, we can provide receipts for proof of payment of your stay. Invoices, however, can only be provided by our reservations department for groups of 15 or more.
- Guest Behaviour
– The comfort, safety and security of our guests is really important to us. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be asked to leave the hostel premises and will not be given a refund.
– Guests are expected to respect other guests as well as staff, local residents and property.
- No Smoking
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Clink78 & Clink261 buildings. Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area at ClinkNOORD. Any guest found smoking inside the building, outside of the designated areas, will be fined (£50.00 in London, €50 in ClinkNOORD) and asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be issued for the stay.
- No Drugs
Drug use is illegal in England and the majority of the Netherlands. Any guest found using drugs within any of the buildings will be fined (£250 in London or €250 in ClinkNOORD). He/she will be asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be issued.
- Alcohol consumption
– We will not serve alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
– Due to our bar license, guests cannot bring their own alcohol onto the premises of Clink78, or ClinkNOORD.
– If you are found entering Clink78 with alcohol you will be charged £50.00 or €50 in ClinkNOORD and all alcohol will be confiscated until you leave the building at checkout. Alcohol is available in the bar and can be consumed there and in the surrounding designated areas only.
- Personal Property
Each pod bed (in dorm rooms) has a personal locker for small valuables. For larger valuables there are lockers located throughout the building. Please check with reception about the cost. It is a guest’s responsibility to ensure that personal belongings are secure at all times. Clink hostels accept no liability for the loss, theft or damage to guests’ property, however sustained or caused. We strongly recommend guests bring a padlock to use on luggage.
- Damage to Clink Hostels’ Property
Guests will be expected to reimburse Clink Hostels for any damage caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
Except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, Clink’s liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the services booked, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
- Your Information
Clink Hostels will only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out a contract with you, and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing us at: [email protected] or by writing to us at 78 King’s Cross Road. London, WC1X 9QG.
- Errors and Omissions
Any omission or error in sales literature, web pages/sites, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, dispatch note, invoice or other documents issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
All bookings are subject to availability and Clink Hostels reserve the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
- We accept groups with guests from the age of 12+.
- We do not offer coach parking, please ensure that drivers are fully aware of this and have organised proper coach parking prior to arrival.
- Due to the layout of the buildings and the room types chosen, we can’t always accommodate groups on the same floor. We will, however, do our best to place them as close together as possible.
- We must receive a rooming list for each group at least 1 week prior arrival. This list must include the names of the guests, what room they are staying in, the name of leaders and the number of under and over 18-year-olds.
- Clink Hostels has a strict bachelor/bachelorette party policy. Stag/hen dos cannot exceed 16 people. For stag/hen do booking, a deposit of £25.00/€50.00 per person is required.
- We offer breakfast as a free service to groups – as such it can get busy in the mornings! To make sure we can accommodate all groups, we ask that you book a 30 minute slot in advance. Time slots are allocated on a first come, first served basis, so please get in touch as soon as possible to secure your preferred time. Slots will be allocated automatically if we don’t hear from you.
- Check-in time is from 2.30pm.
- Check-out is until 10 am. If the rooms are not vacated by that time, a fine will be applied.
- Groups are required to check-in and check-out all together. If this isn’t possible, please advise the Reservations Team in advance.
- We offer free luggage storage before check-in and after check-out. Due to limited space, please let us know in advance if this is something your group will need.
- Reception is open 24/7 so there is always a member of the team to help you and your group with any questions / issues.
- We will accommodate the number of people in the room types pre-confirmed by you via email. If more people arrive, they will be asked to pay the available rate at check-in.
- A credit card authorisation form, for a ‘Group Deposit’ of £300/€300 must be completed by the cardholder at the time of arrival (if the cardholder is not present at check-in, a copy of his/her photo ID will be needed). Money will be deducted if any of the house rules are not respected. A copy of the rules can be sent at request, and will be provided on arrival.
- We are unable to check-in a group until the rules have been signed and the Group Deposit form has been filled in by the group leader.
- An 11pm curfew is in place for all guests under the age of 18, so please make sure any guests under 18 are in their rooms by then.
- Due to our bar license, guests are not allowed to bring alcohol into the hostels or drink alcohol bought from outside. Please come and enjoy the bar (over 18’s only) if you’d like to drink. Any guests found with alcohol from elsewhere may be fined £50.00/€50.00.
- Smoking inside the building is against the law. Please don’t smoke in the property! Any guest found smoking in the building will be fined £50.00/€50.00.
- Any guest found using drugs in the building will be fined £250.00/€250.00 and asked to leave the premises immediately; no refund will be offered.
- Guests will be expected to reimburse Clink Hostels for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
- Sorry! We can’t accept delivery of packed lunches/tickets ordered by external companies at any of our hostels. If you’re looking for lunches or tickets for your group, we can arrange them – just let us know.
- Please make sure guests have adequate travel insurance. We can’t take responsibility for any lost or stolen property.
- Cancellations must be emailed to:
- If a whole reservation is cancelled up to 28 days before the arrival date, the accommodation deposit (20% off the full cost) will not be refunded.
- If only a portion of the beds are cancelled up to 28 days before the arrival date, 20% of the cost of the beds cancelled will be charged as a cancellation fee, and cannot be used against the remainder of the accommodation balance.
- If you cancel your group reservation less than 28 days before your day of arrival, no refund will be given and the outstanding amount will be due.
- If you are booking within 28 days of your arrival date, no refund will be given for any cancellation or amendments, and the full amount will be due.
- In the event of Force Majeure (governmental action, transportation interruption, terrorist attack, acts of God…) affecting your booking, we reserve the right to receive any outstanding payments in connection to your confirmed booking.
- 20% non-refundable deposit to be paid within 14 days of confirming the booking.
- Balance of remaining 80% due 28 days prior to arrival.
These T&Cs and groups guidelines exist to make sure that your group and Clink enter into a relationship of mutual understanding and to make sure that Clink is a safe, happy and welcoming place to stay. By confirming a group reservation at Clink Hostels, regardless if this sheet is signed, you are agreeing to the above important points.