We are hiring!
We are looking for an dynamic Financial Controller/Financial Director to join our team during a very exciting time in Clinks growth. You will get to experience a fast paced environment with no two days the same, working with a team of Clinkees inside the business as well as external consultants and financial bodies across Europe. You will lead an experienced finance team and take ownership of the smooth running of the finance department. The role is exciting and challenging and would be perfect for someone who is good with numbers (obvs!), strategic thinker, is fueled by delivering results and enjoys dedicating time to their teams growth and developmentThe Journey Changes You!
Clink Hostels was born from the love of travel; our mission is to set the scene for travel stories by bringing people and places together. We want to make a difference to our guests by sparking the imagination of those who love travelling and engaging in new experiences and we need you to help us! We currently have 5 properties in the heart of Europe’s best-loved cities – London, Amsterdam with new openings in Lisbon and Dublin coming soon! Have we sparked your imagination? Do you want to join our journey? Click on this link: https://youtu.be/ERP9GUdO9co to tell you more about what we are about
- Approximately 35% of the role will be transactional focused (debt fundraising, property & trading acquisition support) while the remaining part of the role is more akin to a Group Financial Controller role
- In approx. 12 months’ and as Clink executes its growth plan, it is envisaged that the transactional responsibilities will be the larger part of the role
Role is Dublin based with travel to other locations a minimum of 5 – 7 days per month, we also offer flexible/hybrid working options
What will I be doing?
The candidate will advise on all financial aspects of overall strategy – while supporting the other functional departments in their finance requirements.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of the strategic business plans
- Develop financial strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting process
- Manage group-wide budgeting processes
- Support the Operations Director in operational efficiencies
- Partner with marketing & sales to support across key initiatives/ strategies
- Continuously look to reduce costs throughout the business
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Implement operational best practices
Accounting Process, Control & Risk Management
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Manage for all Clink entities the legal, compliance reporting requirements, tax filings and statutory accounts
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of the auditors and government agencies
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial & cashflow forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for the management pack
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Report financial results to the board of directors
New Property Development
- For new properties acquired create 3 year financial forecasts, cashflow monitoring & management, including construction spend - support the construction tendering process
- Working with the Property Development Director, support the development cost control in line with budgets
Fundraising & Management
- Manage debt, covenants and support involving the banking relationships
- Arrange for debt financing and equity financing
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Any other additional duties that are deemed necessary.
Who are you?
- Qualified accountant with 5 years’+ experience in a group financial controller role with a strong ability to handle key commercial aspects of the business
- Potential to move into a Finance Director role in approx. 9-12 months’ time
- Proven track record in leading and managing high growth and expansion
- Very strong commercial acumen with ambition to broaden senior management business experience
- Hotel/ hospitality background preferred
- Ideally will have managed a finance function across different European countries
- Debt experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent systems and excel skills
- Strong people management skills, team builder and player
- High energy and can work autonomously
- Willing to travel up to 7-10 days per month, as needed
- Strong detail orientation and organisation skills
In return for your passion and experience, the candidate will have the opportunity to run a full finance function across Europe, lead a small finance team and partner with an experienced management team and go on an amazing growth journey. The planned growth in Clink will result in significant opportunities to develop and be involved in different significant corporate transactions.
As part of the Clinkee Familee, you can avail of our great benefits such as paid holidays, Discounted Accommodation and F&B in our hostels, Recognition & Reward Initiatives, Birthday and Anniversary gifts, Company Bonus Schemes, Company Pension Scheme, Training & Development and much, much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Under GDPR all unsuccessful applicants’ information will be removed from the system within one month and will not be passed to any third parties