We are excited to start recruiting the role of Maintenance Manager for our new opening Clink i Lár Hostel in Dublin, Ireland. This is an essential role that will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the building as well as key maintenance projects. You will play a pivotal role in the pre-opening process and opening of Clink i Lár including building relationships with external contractors, understand the workings for the building, work off the snag list to ensure the Hostel is ready for opening etc. as well as leading any compliance projects and trainings such as fire safety, electrical safety, plant room safety etc.
A little about us:
Clink Hostels was born from the love of travel; our mission is to set the scene for travel stories by bringing people and places together. We want to make a difference to our guests by sparking the imagination of those who love travelling and engaging in new experiences and we need you to help us! We currently have 5 properties in the heart of Europe’s best-loved cities – London, Amsterdam with new openings coming soon! Have we sparked your imagination? Do you want to join our journey?
Reporting to the General Manager some of your key accountabilities will be:
- Work alongside your management team to achieve the successful day to day running of hostel operations
- Ensure all mechanical, electrical and structural documents are kept up to date, ensure retention of all manuals, references and other documentation in relation to the building and all equipment
- Maintain a supply of necessary inventory, machinery, parts and equipment, and ensure these are purchased through approved suppliers and in a cost effective manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, inspectors and colleagues.
- Full understanding of all health and safety procedures, including, but not limited to, fire, emergency and serious event evacuation procedures.
- Understand the company mission and vision, live our values and champion them with your team
Who are you?
You are someone who is ready to take the next step in your career or is looking for a change. Delivering a memorable experience for our guests comes naturally to you and can put our guests needs first, has strong people skills and who is not afraid to be brave or to be the best they can be. You enjoy working in a busy environment where no two days are the same, can use think on your feet when needed and can work well under pressure and independently. You are fun, energetic, and are open to new experiences where hospitality, a love for travel and learning more about the world around you is in your DNA.
What's in it for you?
At Clink, we have a diverse team and culture with values that embrace and celebrate each person’s individuality. You will join a community of Clinkees who love to connect with our guests and share their own experiences. As a Clinkee, you will grow and develop, enjoy many social events, have an opportunity to have your say and enjoy great benefits such as a generous discretionary bonus plan, pension contribution, family friendly benefits, flexible working, team discounts, bike to work scheme, EAP programme, team social events, reward and recognition benefits and much more.
What else do I need to know?
A more detailed job description is available and start date for the role will be immediate. We will only respond to applicants who are successful for interview. Click on “Apply Now” to upload your most recent CV and let us know why you are the person for the job.
NOTE: We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. Under GDPR all unsuccessful applicants’ information will be removed from the system within one month and will not be passed to any third parties