As the cold, dark days of winter in London begin to lift, we’re looking forward to spring, with a spring in our step! Here’s our pick of the best events in London throughout March …
1. The Great Fire of London swept across central parts of the city in 1666. Archaeological excavations over the years have shaped our understanding of the fire. Gustav Milne, lecturer at UCL and author of ‘The Great Fire of London,’ will speak at The Museum of London about his insights and experiences from some of his most significant digs. A must for history buffs!
Wednesday March 1st 2017, 3pm
The event is free. Just book ahead.
2. In his show at Victoria Miro, Do Ho Suh has recreated the doors and staircases, architectural features and household appliances of past studios and homes. Explore this mesmerising warren of tunnels and structures at your leisure. These are 3D sculptures flattened onto 2D planes, designed to be packed in his suitcase as the artist travelled between continents.
1st – 14th March 2017
Free admission, but queues possible
3. Thinking of venturing south of the river? Then this is the perfect excuse! Peckham Salvage Yard is South London’s ultimate destination for vintage finds. Over 50 hand-picked traders line the way – with furniture, homeware, clothes, curiosities and unexpected oddities all on offer! There’s loads of fantastic local restaurants, bars and cafes, along with street-food vendors, nearby too.
Saturday 4th March 2017, 11am, 6pm
4. Our neighbours over at Drink, Shop, Do know how to throw a mighty good knees up. ‘Indeedy Musical Bingo Bottomless Brunch’ is case in point. BRUNCH meets GAME SHOW meets DANCE PARTY at this all day event, just around the corner from Clink. Bottomless prosecco, Bloody Marys and bagels are ready for the taking and then you’ll be ready to dance the day away! There’ll be a few rounds of bingo thrown in for good measure.
Sunday 5th March 2017
5. The London Drinker Beer and Cider Festival returns to the Camden Centre this March. Revellers get together to taste their way through real ales, ciders, perries and imported beers. The main hall will be dedicated to real ales and craft beers brewed in London and a rotating menu of homemade food will be on offer to feed hungry drinkers.
6. India’s Holi festival announces the arrival of spring with a welcome burst of colour and energy. To celebrate, Indian restaurant Cinnamon Kitchen is bringing it’s party pod to Devonshire Square. Don a fetching white protective suit before pelting your fellow Holi-goers with paint! Cinnamon Kitchen will also be serving a delicious holi canapes and cocktails from the pop up bar.
4th – 12th March 2017
Tickets £8 for colours and overalls only or £15 to include cocktails and canapes
7. Don’t hide away in your bedroom! Come down to Guilty Pleasures at KOKO, just around the corner from Clink. Superstar DJs will be spinning everything from Queen Bey to Britney whilst dance troupes and special guest cabaret performers keep you entertained all night long.
25th March 2017
Tickets £10, book in advance
8. If you’re in London on March the 17th, then make sure you pack some green items of clothing … The city will be jumping with St. Patrick’s night celebrations. We’ll be hosting our own Irish knees up at ClashBAR, so if you’re staying with us make sure you join us for a Guinness (or two!)
March 17th 2017, 5.30pm
9. Goodnight Lenin will be bringing their distinctive sound to the Shacklewell Arms, following tours with Stornoway, Dry The River and Du Blonde. Head along to this East London favourite to enjoy folk vibes with a strong touch of Americana.
10. Temple Cinema brings Alfred Hitchcock’s ‘Psycho’ to the confines of a hidden Masonic temple. This marble lined, Greek-style house of worship makes for a perfectly eerie setting … Tickets are £15 and include a free drink + popcorn. If you’re hooked on the horror, then you’ll also be pleased to hear that you can catch four more chilling film classics as part of the Trouble in Suburbia series until May.
28th March 2017, 7.30pm
Tickets £15, book in advance
Planning your trip to London?
Find out more about Clink78 and Clink261, or visit our group accommodation page to find out more about our rates and best deals.