Many people panic when they think about how to get to their main destination, as if they have never visited somewhere, everything can be very confusing and you may get lost easily. Well Clink Hostels are here to help with your Transport needs.
This is a guide for all people travelling to London and Staying at Clink Hostels.
By Air (Airplane).
There are 4 major airports around London. Below we have detailed how to get from each airport to Clink Hostels.
· Gatwick Airport: When arriving in Gatwick Airport, you will need to make sure that you are in the South Terminal, which can be accessed via the Mono-Rail. When here you will need to make your way to the Airport Train Station and purchase yourself a ticket for the Thameslink train to Kings Cross/St. Pancras. The trains platform will be displayed on the boards in the station. Once at Kings Cross, please check the map below for directions on how to get to Clink78 or Clink261.
· Heathrow Airport: It is a bit easier from Heathrow, as you just need to get on the tube, Piccadilly Line (Dark Blue), which will cost you around £4.00 and departs from each terminal. You will need to take this to Kings Cross/St. Pancras and then follow the directions on the map below.
· Stansted Airport: You have 2 options from Stansted. Firstly, by Bus. Eurolines Buses take you to Liverpool St. Station or Baker Street Station. From Liverpool St. Station transfer to the Underground and take the Metropolitan Line (Dark Red), Circle Line (Yellow) or Hammersmith and City Line (Pink) WESTBOUND to King’s Cross St.Pancras Underground station and follow the directions above. This option costs £14 return. Secondly, by Train. The train station is located directly under the main terminal. The Stansted Express takes you to Liverpool St. Station and from there take the Metropolitan Line (Dark Red), Circle Line (Yellow) or Hammersmith and City Line (Pink) EASTBOUND to King’s Cross St.Pancras Station and follow the map below. The train journey costs £27 return.
· Luton Airport: Again, there are 2 ways to get from Luton, the same as Stanstead. Firstly, by bus. The bus drop off and pick up points are in front of the main terminal. You will need to get on Easy Bus or Green Line coach that will take you to Baker St Underground Station and from there you can take the Metropolitan Line (Dark Red), Circle Line (Yellow) or Hammersmith and City Line (Pink) EASTBOUND to King’s Cross St. Pancras Underground Station and follow map below. This costs £18 return.
· Southend Airport: By Tube – To get to Clink78 from Southend Airport, you need to catch the train from the airport heading to Liverpool Street Station. Once at the station, you need to transfer to the underground and get on either the Circle (Yellow), Metropolitan (Maroon/Dark Red) or Hammersmith and City (Pink) lines to King’s Cross station. A return ticket will cost around £32.50 return, depending on when you are travelling. By Train – (Cheaper Option). You can get the train directly from Southend Airport to Liverpool Street Station then jump on the tube directly to Kings Cross Station. A return ticket will cost you around £15.80 per person off peak times.
· London City Airport: To get to Clink78 from London City Airport, you need to get on the tube from London City Tube station and go to Bank Station using the DLR Line (Docklands Light Railway/Stripe Green) then change to the Northern Line (Black) to Kings Cross station. This will cost you from £2.70 per person depending on the time of day when you are travelling. Second option is by train. You will firstly need to get the airport shuttle bus to Luton Train Station, the from there, the First capital Connect/Thameslink train takes you to St Pancras station. This journey costs about £20.50 return.
When traveling by train, the main train coming from greater Europe is the Eurostar, which costs around £100.00 from Paris, but depends on how early you book it and the time of year you are booking for. The Eurostar comes straight into Kings Cross/St. Pancras, so you will just need to follow the map below once you arrive.
When travelling from any other destinations in the UK, you will just need to book your train to Kings Cross/St. Pancras. You can book UK train tickets by visiting TheTrainLine.com.
There are quite a few ports to travel to on the UK’s coast line. We have detailed a few of the most popular one below.
· Dover: When you arrive at Dover Harbour, you will need to get the bus to Dover Priory (DVP) train station, then from there you can book a train straight to Kings Cross/St. Pancras. Prices start at around £38.50 per person/one way.
· Plymouth: Firstly, you will have to get a taxi to Plymouth Train Station, which takes around 10 minutes. Once at the station you will need to book a ticket to Kings Cross/St. Pancras. The train/bus will take you to Tiverton Parkway, then you will need to get the train to London Paddington, which you can then take the tube line Hammersmith and City (Pink) to King Cross Station and follow the map below.
· Poole: To get to Poole’s main train station you will need to walk for about 10 minutes, as it is right near the harbour. Once there you will need to buy a ticket from Poole to Kings Cross/St. Pancras. The train will then take you too London Waterloo Station, then you will need to get the tube the Northern Line to Euston Station, then transfer to the second Northern Line and take it south one stop to Kings Cross Station and follow the map below.
· Portsmouth: Portsmouth harbour has it’s own station located right next to it, so it is easy to find. When there you will need to get a ticket from Portsmouth to Kings Cross/St. Pancras. The train will then take you too London Waterloo Station, then you will need to get the tube the Northern Line to Euston Station, then transfer to the second Northern Line and take it south one stop to Kings Cross Station and follow the map below.
· Liverpool: When arriving in Liverpool you will need to get the train from Liverpool Central Station. Once there you will need to book a ticket to Kings Cross/St. Pancras. The train will take you too Chester, then from Chester you will need to change train, which will take you down to London Euston station. Once there you will need to get the Northern Line South to Kings Cross Station then follow the map below.
Please use the below map to help you get to both Clink Hostels from Kings Cross Station.