No matter your age there is always something for everyone in London and just because we are getting older, does not mean we can’t still enjoy all of the fun filled things aimed at younger generations, well in this guide we have listed some of the best and most fun things to do for all you big kids out there.
Shops for big kids:
· Hamley’s Toy Shop: located on Regents Street, it is the worlds largest and oldest toy shop. With a total of 7 floors of toys, containing around 50,000 toys at any time, this is a great place for big kids to get lost in all day!
· London’s Disney Store: Located on Oxford street, this glass fronted shop has a massive animated Disney castle inside the main entrance, where you get the chance to see Tinkerbelle, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. This massive store has every toy you can think of from the world of Disney, but watch out, as it is quite expensive.
· Forbidden Planet Megastore: Located on Shaftesbury Avenue in Covent Garden, originally this shop use to only stock the biggest and best books in the world of Sci-Fi, but now it has reached out to a wider market. It is now stocked full of comic books, graphic novels, collectables figurines, toys, anime and much more. It will take you nearly a whole day to get around everything.
Museums and Tourist Attractons for big kids:
· London Zoo: Just round the corner from Kings Cross at Regents Park, London Zoo is one of the most spectacular Zoo’s to visit in all of the UK. It has animals from every corner of the earth, including a Gorilla’s, Tigers, Penguins, Hippo’s, Otters, Meerkats and many more.
· London Bridge Experience: Located directly opposite London Bridge station, this ghoulish tour is not one for the faint hearted. This themed tour will take you into the dark historic dungeons under the London bridge area and tell you horrific tales out Jack the Ripper, Boudicca and the infamous Mastern Brothers.
· The London Dungeon: which has now moved from it’s original home on Tooley Street to next to the London Eye, is a very popular attraction with many visitors to London. The attraction is all about the gory and macabre historical events, portrayed by a variety of actors, special effects and rides.
· Madame Tussauds: Located on Marylebone Road, this amazing and fantastic exhibit is one that is not to be missed. It’s your chance to brush elbows, with celebrities, superhero’s, infamous murderers and even the royal family, well wax model of them.
· Sea Life London Aquarium: Located on Westminster Bridge Road, right next to the London Eye, boosting to be the largest Aquarium in London with many of the worlds most spectacular sea creatures, including Sharks, Rays and Gentoo Penguins, a definite must see while in London.
· The Natural History Museum: Located on Exhibition Road in South Kensington, it exhibits date back through thousands of years of natural history. The main part that all big kids want to see though, is the dinosaur exhibit, including the 25ft animated T-Rex.
Sporting Attractions and Activity Centres for big kids:
· Go Karting London with Teamsport: With 3 separate locations in London in North London, Tower Bridge and London Docklands, Teamsport are the number 1 indoor karting company in the UK. All their locations are fairly priced and have tracks sized from 600m to 800m and even a 2 floored track at the Tower Bridge location. A great way to spend your day with your friends, so don’t miss out.
Other Karting attractions include Revolution Karting at Mile End Park and Oasis Go Karting at Stockwell, both track are outside karting tracks compared to the Teamsport ones that are inside tracks.
· Swimming and Leisure Centres: London Fields Lido, Archway Leisure Centre, and Leyton Leisure Centre. All these leisure centres have many different attractions and facilities for you needs, from swimming pools, spas, water slides, cafes, fake beach areas etc. Some places require bookings prior to arrival and others you can just pay when you arrive.
· Climbing Clubs: High Sports in Hackney and High Sports in Brixton are 2 of the most popular climbing centres in London. They accept group bookings as well as small bookings and can booked by anyone, no matter if they have done climbing walls a lot or have never even been near one.
· Miniature Golf: Always a popular pick no matter what your age and there are lots of courses all around London, so many in fact, that you will be spoilt for choice. One of the most popular one is the course located at the west side of Hyde Park called the Adventure Golf Grass Putting Green, but this one is more of a picturesque putting green. The best one around is a little bit out of London called Jurassic Encounters Adventure Golf, but you will have to get a train or bus to this location.
Outside of London:
· LEGOLAND: A popular kids attraction, but will bring out the inner child of everyone who ever played with the Danish made blocks of plastic. See miniatures of London, Star Wars, Dragons and don’t forget all the fantastic rides around the park. LEGOLAND is located in the very outskirts of London, in the Windsor area of the UK, which is easily accessible by bus or train.
· Thorpe Park: What better way to spend your day than going on some of the biggest and best rides in the UK, dare you brave Saw, take a vertical dive on Colossus or just get soaked on Tidal Wave, which ever your pick, this park is not one for the faint hearted.
· Chessington World of Adventure: No just a theme park, but also a Zoo and a hotel complex, Chessington World of Adventure is located in the Chessington area, only 12 miles of central London. The Zoo contains over 1,000 animals including some that are on the brink of extinction. The main theme park has many different themed areas and with lot’s of water rides and rollacoasters.
· Go Ape Trent Park: The UK’s number 1 tree top adventure park, located only 10 minutes from Cockfosters Station, this adventure park will keep you and your friends entertained for hours, with their variety of zip lines and leap of faiths and even skateboard zip lines.
· Harry Potter Studios: If you are a lover of the Harry Potter series then taking a tour round the iconic 200 ache studios is something you can not miss. You will be taken round lot’s of the spectacular sets from the movie series and even get a chance to star in your own advert while flying on a broom stick.
As you can see there are many things for you big kids to do while in London, including coming to stay with us at Clink78 or Clink261. Many times we have been reviewed by guests saying that staying with us reminded them of being back at university again, so stay young at heart and come visit London where you can feel and act like a kid once more.