Crisp, cold mornings and dark, frosty nights means one thing: winter is coming *cue the GOT theme tune*.
Whether you prefer to tackle the hustle and bustle of London’s Christmas shopping hotspots early, or thrive off the pressure of the ticking time bomb just 3 days before the big day – don’t leave it to chance. We have a sleigh-load of unique London gifts for you to get your mitts on this Christmas.
1. Guardsman Bear, Harrods – £20.00
Quintessentially British and a timeless classic, Harrods’ Guardsman Bear tops our list of London Christmas gifts for 2019. In a red tunic and bearskin get-up, he makes the perfect companion for young and old alike.
2. Wiltshire Canvas Tote Bag, Liberty London – £12.00
Boasting the iconic Wiltshire design that was crafted for Liberty Fabrics way back in 1933, this print tote bag is the perfect present to bring back home for mum this Christmas.
An eco-friendly alternative to disposable plastic bags, this tote features a gusset and side panels for added durability – a gift that will last for years to come!
3. Sea Salt Caramel Truffles, Liberty London – £15.00
Dubbed as one of the best gifts from London for those with a sweet tooth, these truffles from Charbonnel et Walker feature a luscious centre of caramel and sea salt, finished with a milk chocolate coating and a light dusting of icing sugar.
Delicately wrapped in a rounded presentation box, this sweet treat is the ideal gift for dad this Christmas.
Despite the chic Frenchness of its name, Charbonnel et Walker is one of Britain’s most renowned chocolatiers and the proud owner of a Royal Warrant.
This quirky tea towel is the perfect gift to give to the one person that makes the best Sunday dinners: Grandma.
Featuring an illustrated map of London, complete with iconic landmarks such as The London Eye and St. Paul’s Cathedral; it’s a practical gift that doubles up as a map whilst you’re visiting the big city* – win-win!
*We’re joking, it’s NOT an entirely accurate map of London. Please ask us for a map at reception…
5. Best of British Tea, Whittard Chelsea – £12.00
Packed full of British classics, this set containing 30 individually wrapped tea bags from Whittard Chelsea is the perfect gift for tea-lovers around the world. From the classic English Breakfast, to newer inventions such as the Piccadilly Blend – each flavour is sure to take you on a trip down memory lane and back again.
What’s Christmas without a Charles Dickens tale?
Discover the twists and turns of Scrooge’s past, present and future in this decorative reprint edition of A Christmas Carol. Suitable for readers over 9, it’s the perfect gift for a younger sibling, cousin or child this Christmas.
Whatever you choose to buy your loved ones back at home, it’s important to remember that the festive season is not about money, but thoughtfulness. The best presents don’t cost the world, but are jam-packed full of love, effort and meaning.
We know that trying to find the perfect gift that expresses how much you care can be frustrating, so we have compiled our top tips to find a thoughtful gift for family, friends or partners from your travels:
- Make a list – before embarking on your mission to find the perfect gift, write a list of everything that the person is interested in – from books and films, to their favourite TV shows and hobbies. This list will help you search for a gift with their interests at its heart.
- Experiential gifts – sometimes, a physical gift just doesn’t cut it. A gift that allows that special someone to make memories is a hit; from tickets to a concert, to a relaxing Swedish massage in the heart of London.
- Food, glorious food – food is a universal pleaser, and no one is ever disappointed by something that tastes wildly delicious. Skip the gift wrapping and tinsel, why not learn to cook something incredible at one of London’s cooking classes here.
- The devil is in the detail – a thoughtful message on a postcard from your travels is always a big hit. Use your message to bring to mind shared moments or strong ties, written in beautiful ink to really make it a showstopper.
- DIY gifts – handcrafted gifts are particularly special, as they show a loved one that you used your time, energy and creative juices to give them something to cherish for a lifetime.Take a look at craft courses available in London here.