The services provided by the ClashBAR form the essence of our guests’ experience as it provides a unique impression of our hostel and is there to create lasting memories of their stay in London. It will also provide them with a warm, welcoming and entertaining experience whilst at the hostels.
- Ensure excellent customer service from the first point of contact to the last while serving drinks
- Ensuring the Bar is clean and fully equipped throughout the operating hours
- Ensure that a fun, party atmosphere is created in the bar at all times
- Champion the Clink values: Our Guests, In Tune, Dedication, and Difference
Please note that the list is not exhaustive and other duties might be added.
- Ensure up-selling of drinks and promotion of events to guests
- Assist in organising, planning and executing the nightly events, including the decoration in the bar for theme/costume parties/ quizzes/ games/ DJ nights etc.
- Carry out reasonable requests from Bar Team Leader and Bar Manager
- Ensuring no underage guests are being sold an alcohol by conducting an ID check in line with our age verification policy
- Promoting the Bar events/promotions and the Travelshop’s services
- Updating guests on Bar events and promotions by the tannoy system when required
- Regularly monitoring whether the Bar area, Toilets and Games area are free from litter, glass, etc. and liaise with Housekeeping staff if necessary
- Filling in daily reports in an accurate manner
- Bringing ‘In Tune’ and ‘Difference’ values to life by knowing what is happening in-house, locally and in London and creating alternative and interesting events in the bar and providing guests with relevant and up to date information on external ‘hot spots’ i.e. entertainment, cultural and sporting venues and events etc.
- Ensuring suitable music is played in the bar and basement at suitable levels and is updated regularly
- Maintaining regular contact with Reception team at Clink261 and Clink78
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Company Health and Safety policy
- Adhering to all Company policies and procedures
- Attending all training sessions and meetings as request by the Management
- Ensuring your appearance meets Company standards
- Undertaking any other ad hoc duties, relevant to the post, as and when required.
Note: The work requires substantial bending, stretching and carrying and you will be required to wear a uniform.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £8.50 /hour
- Bar: 1 year