FULL TIME | ST. HELIER, JERSEY
Are you looking for an opportunity be part of something really Special?
Clink is one of the leading modern-style Hostel brands in Europe with properties in the heart of Europe’s best-loved cities – London, Amsterdam and soon Lisbon, Dublin – with more coming! Clink was set-up 20 years ago after Anne and Shelly, two sisters from Dublin, went backpacking. They had the time of their lives, then they set out to open the doors to their own hostel!
At Clink we are different, unique and really social – we are passionate about providing our guests, the budget backpackers, independent travellers & groups, with an amazing city experience …a different travel story, a real-life story! We hold our Guests travel memories in our hands……That’s what Clink offers. Great staff who can be themselves is what brings Clink really alive!
We are always looking for passionate, like-minded people to join our great Digital Sales & Marketing Team. If you’re driven, dedicated and looking for a career with a difference, please try us.
So what is the Opportunity?
Clink’s Central Digital Sales & Marketing Operation is located in St Helier, Jersey where the e-commerce strategy, plans and tactics are developed & put into action to drive sales across all the Clink hostels…so all pretty interesting. A little bit more information about the main areas that we manage:
- providing a one-stop-shop solution for tour operators, travel agents, groups, independent travellers and budget backpackers
- content management of the Clink website, design of online campaigns and management of social media interaction
- customer service support across the whole business
- participation in initiatives including international representation at trade shows, national advertising and promotion campaigns
We are excited to expand our Jersey team, we have several new roles in our fabulous Marketing Department.
We are looking for 3-4 people to join our team and have listed an outline of responsibilities and needed skills below, the finalised roles and job descriptions will be confirmed once a final list of candidates is determined.
Tell me about the Roles?
We are looking for Campaign and Technical Specialists (CTS) and Brand and Content Executives (BCE) as our team grows.
The role of the CTS is to create dynamic and interesting sales campaigns across all combined marketing media and channels, manage affiliate and PPC programs, and manage the corporate company websites. The role requires a keen interest and understanding of the technology that powers marketing across all areas of the business. The CTS is responsible for the following:
The CTS is responsible for updating content on the company’s websites and will work closely with the Brand & Content team to ensure quality and standards are upheld. Attention to detail is a key part of this role, other responsibilities are:
- Proactively manage the company website to improve conversion metrics
- Create design briefs for planned projects
- Update and manage website translations
- Create project plans (Gantt charts etc.) and follow then to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Understand and use content management systems i.e. WordPress
Affiliates & PPC (Google, Instagram & Facebook)
The CTS manages agencies that provide key revenue streams for the sales department. As CTS your role will be to get the best out of these relationships to optimise the return of investment in the relevant platforms. For this you will need to:
Must have experience in:
- Forming effective paid search strategies
- Launching and optimize various PPC campaigns and overall PPC Budget
- Overseeing accounts on search platforms (e.g. Google AdWords, Bing)
- Keyword selection involvement and audience targeting
- Monitoring budget and adjusting bids to gain better ROI
- Tracking KPIs to assess performance and pinpoint issues
- Producing reports for management (e.g. dashboards)
- Suggesting and develop new campaigns across multiple channels
- Maintaining partnerships with PPC ad platforms and vendors
- Managing affiliate marketing networks and search engine marketing
- A proven record in negotiation and management of online media campaigns
The CTS works closely with the sales team to create dynamic sales campaigns based on the occupancy and revenue requirements. Key areas of Campaign creation are to:
- Develop and implement special offers
- Create channels distribution plans for offers and campaigns
- Research competitor campaigns and report on activity
- Regularly monitoring campaign performance; compiling and submitting campaign performance reports
Research and implement where possible technical solutions for campaign distribution
The Brand and Content Executive (BCC) role is to ensure that all written, visual and video content is in line with the Clink brand and engaging for Clink’s target market of budget backpackers, independent travellers & groups. The role requires a creative thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills, a good eye for design and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The BCC is responsible for producing all written content across Clink’s channels, ensuring appropriate tone of voice, pace, accurate spelling, grammar etc.
- The writing of monthly SEO friendly city guides which are posted on the Clink website and social media channels
- Writing copy for Clink’s website, booking engine and transactional emails
- Writing for internal decks / presentations, promotional copy for ClinkCREATIVE artists, articles, press releases and other content for external P.R
- Proof-reading / editing of documents for Clink’s other departments / Senior Management
- Supporting the Outreach Specialist with copy for social media posts / pitch documents for prospective partnerships
- Organising translation of content where required
The BCC manages the production of most of Clink’s imagery and design work (print and digital). He/she is responsible for ensuring that the content produced is in line with the kind of brand that Clink wants to be – young, creative, vibrant and friendly.
- Working with Clink’s designer to create various pieces of print material for the hostels ie. Posters, menus, event posters, event schedules, TV slides, bespoke Sanderman’s maps…
- Working with Clink’s web designers to ensure design is in brand and website is as user friendly as possible
- Planning and management of Clink’s annual photo shoots
- Selection of imagery for Clink’s website, Online Travel Agents and anywhere else
- Writing of design briefs for larger scale design projects
- Production of trade show stands and associated literature
- Production of internal reference documents ie. Clink Culture Book, ClinkCREATIVE internal deck
- Feedback on campaign designs which are managed by the campaign specialist
The BCC manages the production of Clink’s video content, which is used across Clink’s social media channels including Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Working closely with a video agency who film and edit most of Clink’s video content
- Keeping up to date with current trends and best practices for video content across all digital channels
- Production of clear briefs for each piece of video content
- Feedback on video edits in a timely way
- Planning and management of video shoots
Start date for the roles will be June 1st, 2019. Applications accepted until April 23rd, 2019 and responses will be sent to successful candidates by April 30th, 2019.
All CVs and applications must be sent to [email protected]