- LOCATION: Dublin-London-Amsterdam but travel required
- RESPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
Clink is an uber cool, social Hostel Group with properties in some of Europe’s key city destinations – Amsterdam and London, with more under construction in Dublin and Lisbon. The business was started by sisters Anne and Shelley borne out of their passion for travel.
At Clink we are passionate about providing our Guests with an amazing city experience…..we hold our Guests travel memories in our hands and feel strongly that a great Employee experience really makes the difference.
We are focused on addressing employee needs across the stages of an employee’s life-cycle with tools, training, career development, communication, recognition, and, of course, fun. We are a Hostel company after all. This is a fast-paced role, all round role requiring energetic, enthusiastic and professional individual with a real drive to succeed.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Oversee and develop the recruitment process with hiring managers in line with best practice and legislation, ensuring that the procedures are aligned to local market, role requirements and are compliant and fair.
- Support the Managing Director with senior team recruitment.
- Develop the Clink on-boarding and induction process to ensure a consistent and fantastic employee experience.
Training, Development & Talent Management:
- Research and make recommendations for the core competencies and talent strategy required ensure that it supports the Clink growth strategy.
- Drive the development and training culture of Clink within the hostels and support functions, to manage the delivery of high quality, relevant, local and Clink wide training and development initiatives.
- Implement individualised development and succession planning initiatives to ensure that identified talented high performing individuals are stretched and developed appropriately.
- Manage the performance and development review process to ensure all employees receive regular feedback on their performance and have a development plan in place.
- Manage the annual Employee Engagement survey, ensuring that each team’s voice is heard and feedback.
- Support line managers and staff in the development and implementation of relevant local post Engagement Survey actions plans, including employee retention initiatives.
- Investigate employee retention ‘hot spots’ and work with the relevant management team and employee groups to put in place actions to address issues identified.
- Support line managers to deal with employee relations issues in a manner that is aligned to our culture of fairness.
- Ensure that our employment policies and procedures are clear, legally compliant, fair, communicated and understood by our management and staff.
Systems & Data Management:
- Support the selection of a HR software tool to enable accurate record keeping, performance management and support candidate tracking for recruitment
- Generate regular routine reports on the key Employee Experience KPIs to draw awareness to issues notably relating to cost ratios, employee attrition, learning and development and recruitment.
- The role holder will be jointly responsible with the employees and their manager, for maintaining employee HR records through the selected HR software tool.
- Develop and implement systems for measuring the success of employee experience initiatives
Other key responsibilities:
- Lead and support initiatives designed to ensure that compensation is externally competitive and internally aligned
- Review and audit employee attendance and working schedules, including paid time off, overtime and breaks
- Facilitate the issuing of new contracts of employment, ensuring a consistent Clink style within the local market.
- Act as the point of contact when employees have queries or job-related issues
About You / Skills required
- You have a track record of experience working in a fast paced, commercial environment and the ability to be successful in a matrix organisation with multiple stakeholders
- Energised by observing, analysing, and understanding the employee experience and its connection to the player experience
- Passionate about engaging and empowering employees
- You have experience of HR operational delivery including employee relations, performance, change management, org re-design and reward.
- You’re able to identify and analyse organizational challenges, collecting, analysing, and making decisions using a data-driven approach
- You can demonstrate success in identifying innovative people solutions, and then deploying the solution.
- A scavenger for programs, tools, perks, and anything that could benefit our employees,
- Plugged into the science and theory of employee engagement
- You’re a strong, effective, and efficient project manager with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You have excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a high level of professionalism and a proven track record in influencing senior stakeholders.
- You must be prepared to travel to Clink’s locations both operational and under construction – this is estimated to be 40% of time.
- Degree/Masters and CIPD qualified.
- Experience in the hospitality sector
- Previous international experience
- European language skills
- Experience of Coaching
What do we offer in return?
- A competitive salary, with a bonus opportunity
- Access to Clink education support program
- Up to 14 free nights’ accommodation in dorms across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Up to 50% room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (subject to availability)
- Discount on Food & Beverage and Tours & Attractions in Clink cities
- Social events throughout the year
- £25 Birthday voucher
- Backpacker experience for 3 years’ service: £250 contribution towards a backpacker trip
- Health & dental insurance with cash plan
- Business and Personal travel insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Various employee recognition schemes
…and finally hang out with great fun people
Interested, so some more information about Clink…
Clink is one of the leading modern-style hostel groups in Europe with properties in the heart of Europe’s best-loved cities – London, Amsterdam and soon Lisbon, Dublin – with more coming! Clink was set-up over 15 years ago after Anne and Shelly, two sisters from Dublin, went backpacking. They had the time of their lives, and then they set out to open the doors to their own hostel!
At Clink we are different, unique and really social, we are passionate about providing our Guests, the budget backpackers, independent travellers & groups, with an amazing city experience …a different travel story, a real-life story! We hold our Guests travel memories in our hands…that’s what Clink offers. Great team members who can be themselves and bring Clink really alive!