Be part of something special!
Clink is one of the leading modern-style Hostel brands in Europe. We currently have properties in the heart of Europe’s best-loved cities – London, Amsterdam with new openings in Lisbon and Dublin due to open late 2020 with more coming! Intrigued? Why not check out “Our Story” on the website to find out more….
We have an ambitious growth plan and want to develop out our senior management team.
We are always looking for fun, creative, passionate and like-minded people to join our Clink Family and as part of the family, you can avail of our great benefits such as paid holidays, Discounted Accommodation and F&B in our hostels, Recognition & Reward Initiatives, Birthday and Anniversary gifts, Company Bonus Schemes, Company Pension Scheme, Training & Development and much, much more.
What’s the Opportunity?
We are now taking applications for the position of Operations Director for Clink Hostels. Reporting into the Managing Director this is a key role in the senior executive team that is responsible for taking Operations to the next level to support the building out of our amazing business in line with our growth plan. You will be responsible for the day to day Hostel Operations supporting the General Managers and Senior Management Teams to achieve their objectives that are In-Tune with the company’s Strategic Priority Pillars. You will also work alongside our team in Jersey to achieve our objectives in terms of Sales, Revenue Growth and Marketing. You will support and drive the Company’s growth strategy at a Senior Level and design Operating Procedures in line with Company standards for new Hostel Openings. You will promote and live Clinks Mission, Vision and Values and ensure that the team are embracing those values
What will I be doing?
Some of your key responsibilities are:
- Creating a strategy for operations to ensure that the growth in the business can be supported and achieve Operational Excellence
- Focusing on successful delivery of projects that support the 5 Strategic Priority Pillars of our business, Guest, Operational Excellence, People, Data & Systems, Property Sourcing
- Create and implement a strategy to improve the Guest Experience and the range of services in the hostel across the various segments
- Ensure that we are recruiting the right people in the right roles, that our turnover is inline or below industry standard and that our people are developed and engaged
- Ensure development, implementation and support for successful achievement of each hostel’s annual business plan which is aligned with the overall Clink strategy
- Implement best practice Standard Operations Procedures across all hostels to build operational scalability as the business grows
- Champion change & manage innovation initiatives across the different hostels
- ensure that the monthly HOD meetings convey relevant “Clink” updates on priorities, successes and challenges
- Working with central project manager ensuring the implementation of all business systems/ applications on time, to scope and on budget
Who are you?
You will be someone who quickly gets what Clink is about – understand what is unique – what we want to do & where we want to go – you will really want to be on the journey – you will see the difference in our Culture and hold dear our Values – you will get on with things – you will have little time for politics!
You are someone who has travelled and can relate to our guests, who is not afraid to be different, back yourself, take some risks. You will want to be the best that you can be. You can work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure. You are fun, energetic, are open to new challenges and can seek solutions to our guest queries.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
- Minimum 6 years of hospitality industry operations experience required
- Minimum 3 years of multi-property, at the GM-level or equivalent operational experience
- Experience at working in a “performance based” environment in order to foster it within the team – high achiever
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Must be strong leader, strategic in outlook but also able to get into the weeds, a self-motivator, a team builder
- Business acumen to include a solid understanding of business financials
- Proven success in a similar role
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Takes on full role accountability – acts as a pressure valve for operations management
- Ability with new areas to quickly research & plan out and successfully implement
- Willing to travel to various locations on a regular basis – approx. 1.5 – 2 weeks per month
- Working under pressure – ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations
- Supporting the strong operational experience, a strong foundation in financial information, IT systems and data management
What else do I need to know?
This role can be based in London or Amsterdam as travel to other locations is required. A more detailed job description is available on request and will be discussed at interview stage. Closing date for applications is midday the 20th May 2019 with a start date for the role to be confirmed. To apply for this role, please fill in the form on the right side of the page, upload your most recent CV and let us know why you are the person for the job and to become part of the family.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Under GDPR all unsuccessful applicants’ information will be removed from the system within one month and will not be passed to any third parties