We believe in providing an outstanding guest experience for city explorers. Founded by two sisters who share a genuine love for travel, Clink Hostels is an innovative, fast-growing hostel business that currently has two locations in London and one in Amsterdam, totalling over 1,600 beds, with more properties planned to open across Europe over the next few years.
Clink Hostels is a dynamic, independent business with ambitious goals to strategically build a global brand and become a market leader in the international hostel industry.
The Clink Culture is at the core of everything we do and our values are, in summary: Our Guests, In-tune, Dedication and Difference. Our success is built on having capable leaders and a great team who understand how to be themselves and bring that across to our guests.
Role Purpose:- This role exists to ensure great guest experiences and amazing travel memories for our guests. Clink Hostels is a social hub for travellers and we enable this environment by informing, welcoming, checking-in and checking-out guests in a friendly and efficient manner- the Night Receptionist/Duty manager is the genius who ensures guests have a wonderful stay in Amsterdam.
- The role holder will be the main point of contact for guests facilitating a great stay and experience
- The role holder will ensure the smooth running of the Front of the House of ClinkNOORD
- The role holder will collaborate with and report directly to the Front of House Manager
- The role holder will be required to work closely and collaborate with other Clink Teams
The Key Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for guest’s satisfaction in ClinkNOORD
- Be the perfect host, guiding guests and keeping them posted on everything that is happening in ClinkNOORD and Amsterdam
- Check-in, check-out, welcoming host and various admin tasks
- Responsible for key financial indicators: accurate personal till reports and achieving TravelSHOP sales targets
- Deliver the above in a positive, professional and timely manner
In more detail (though not exhaustive):
People- Clink Hostels is a social hub for travellers and dedicated to creating a warm environment are our staff.
- Lead and champion Clink Values
- Engage guests, share local knowledge and act as the perfect host
- Train new colleagues as required
- Communicate and meet regularly with the team and Front of House Manager to ensure a positive and lasting guest experiences
- Responsible for excellent customer service
Product- Clink facilitates great travel experiences for guests.
- Be an advocate of GEM (Guest Experience Meetings)
- Promote the TravelSHOP, Restaurant and Bar as a tool to enhance Guest Experience
- Ensure that all communications i.e. reviews, emails, phone, complaints and difficult situations are responded to in a proactive, positive and intuitive manner, based on Clink’s values
Profit- All businesses must be profitable to be sustainable.
- Maximise occupancy and bed revenue
- Ensure development and delivery of good reporting e.g. reports, ratings, complaints and feedback
- Financial responsibilities; cash handling, till reports
- Promote bar events, TravelSHOP and Café promotions and all in-house facilities
Community- Clink Hostels are a social hub and part of a wider community; a community of staff, travellers, other Clink teams, the hostel industry and your local community.
- Bring the ‘In Tune’ value to life by knowing what is happening in-house, locally and in Amsterdam
- Collaborate with the reservations, groups and marketing departments, to deliver excellent guest experiences
- Maintain positive relationships with our neighbours by ensuring noise levels are kept to a minimum
Job Requirements :
We are looking for someone smart, level-headed and energetic with strong people’s skills and a big smile. Someone a little different, who loves the travel industry and appreciates the Clink values. We are looking for someone with a valid BSN nr.