We believe in providing an outstanding guest experience for city explorers. Founded by two sisters who share a genuine love for travel, Clink Hostels is an innovative, fast-growing hostel business that currently has two locations in London totalling 1000 beds and further locations coming on-stream from 2015 including 750 beds in Amsterdam. Clink Hostels is a dynamic, independent business with ambitious goals to strategically build a global brand and become a market leader in the international hostel industry. The Clink Culture is at the core of everything we do and our values are, in summary; Our Guests, In-tune, Dedication and Difference. Our success is built on having capable leaders and a great team who understand how to deliver the exceptional social travel experience that we provide to our guests.
Role Purpose:- This role exists to ensure great guest experiences and amazing travel memories for our guests. Clink Hostels is a social hub for travellers and we enable this environment by informing, welcoming, checking-in and checking-out guests in a friendly and efficient manner- the Night Receptionist/Duty manager is the genius who ensures guests have a wonderful stay in Amsterdam.
· The role holder will be the main point of contact for guests facilitating a great stay and experience
· The role holder will ensure the smooth running of the Front of the House of ClinkNOORD
· The role holder will collaborate with and report directly to the Front of House Manager
· The role holder will be required to work closely and collaborate with other Clink Teams
The Key Responsibilities
· Full responsibility for guest’s satisfaction in ClinkNOORD
· Be the Perfect Host, guiding guests and keeping them posted on everything that is happening in ClinkNOORD and Amsterdam
· Check-in, check-out, welcome hosting and various admin tasks
· Responsible for key financial indicators: accurate personal till reports and achieving travel shop sales targets
· Deliver the above in a positive, professional and timely manner
In more detail (though not exhaustive):
People- Clink Hostels is a social hub for travellers and fundamental to creating a warm environment are our staff.
· Lead and champion Clink Values
· Engage guests, share local knowledge and act as The Perfect Host you are!
· Train new colleagues
· Communicate and meet regularly with the team and FOH Manager to ensure positive and lasting guest experiences
· Responsible for excellent customer service
Product- Clink facilitates great travel experiences for guests.
· Be an advocate of GEM (Guest Experience Meetings)
· Promote the TravelSHOP, Restaurant and Bar as a tool to enhance Guest Experience
· Ensure that all communications i.e. reviews, emails, phone, complaints and difficult situations are responded to in a proactive, positive and intuitive manner, based on Clink’s values
Profit- All businesses must be profitable to be sustainable.
· Maximise occupancy and bed revenue
· Ensure development and delivery of good reporting e.g. reports, ratings, complaints and feedback
· Financial responsibilities; cash handling, till reports
· Promote bar events, TravelSHOP and café promotions and all in-house facilities
Community- Clink Hostels are a social hub and part of a wider community; a community of staff, travellers, other Clink teams, the hostel industry and your local community.
· Bring the ‘In Tune’ value to life by knowing what is happening in-house, locally and in Amsterdam
· Collaborate with Clink Reservations to deliver excellent guest experiences
· Maintain positive relationships with our neighbours by ensuring noise levels are kept to a minimum
Job Requirements :
We are looking for someone smart, level-headed and energetic with strong people’s skills and a big smile. Someone a little different, who loves the travel industry and appreciates the Clink values. We are looking for someone with a valid BSN nr.