Be part of something special!
Clink is one of the leading modern-style Hostel brands in Europe currently going through huge expansion during an exciting time for the hospitality sector in Europe. Currently we have large scale hostels in both London and Amsterdam along with two new properties under construction in Lisbon and Dublin with other potential property pipeline opportunities being worked on as Clink targets to treble in size. Intrigued? Why not check out “Our Story” on the website to find out more!
What’s the Opportunity?
We are always looking for fun, creative, passionate and like-minded people to join our Clink Family and are now delighted to bring the role of Group Financial Controller/ Finance Director to the market to support the business from a financial perspective. Reporting to the Managing Director, the candidate will work as part of the senior management team and will play a key part in shaping and driving the success of Clink.
- Approximately 35% of the role will be transactional focused (debt fundraising, property & trading acquisition support) while the remaining part of the role is more akin to a Group Financial Controller role
- In approx. 12 months’ and as Clink executes its growth plan, it is envisaged that the transactional responsibilities will be the larger part of the role
Role can be based in either Dublin or London with travel to other locations a minimum of 5 – 7 days per month
What will I be doing?
The candidate will advise on all financial aspects of overall strategy – while supporting the other functional departments in their finance requirements.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of the strategic business plans
- Develop financial strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting process
- Manage group-wide budgeting processes
- Support the Operations Director in operational efficiencies
- Partner with marketing & sales to support across key initiatives/ strategies
- Continuously look to reduce costs throughout the business
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Implement operational best practices
Accounting Process, Control & Risk Management
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Manage for all Clink entities the legal, compliance reporting requirements, tax filings and statutory accounts
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of the auditors and government agencies
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial & cashflow forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for the management pack
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Report financial results to the board of directors
New Property Development
- For new properties acquired create 3 year financial forecasts, cashflow monitoring & management, including construction spend - support the construction tendering process
- Working with the Property Development Director, support the development cost control in line with budgets
Fundraising & Management
- Manage debt, covenants and support involving the banking relationships
- Arrange for debt financing and equity financing
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Any other additional duties that are deemed necessary.
Who are you?
- Qualified accountant with 5 years’+ experience in a group financial controller role with a strong ability to handle key commercial aspects of the business
- Potential to move into a Finance Director role in approx. 9-12 months’ time
- Proven track record in leading and managing high growth and expansion
- Very strong commercial acumen with ambition to broaden senior management business experience
- Hotel/ hospitality background preferred
- Ideally will have managed a finance function across different European countries
- Debt experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent systems and excel skills
- Strong people management skills, team builder and player
- High energy and can work autonomously
- Willing to travel up to 7-10 days per month, as needed
- Strong detail orientation and organisation skills
In return for your passion and experience, the candidate will have the opportunity to run a full finance function across Europe, lead a small finance team and partner with an experienced management team and go on an amazing growth journey. The planned growth in Clink will result in significant opportunities to develop and be involved in different significant corporate transactions.
As part of the family, you can avail of our great benefits such as paid holidays, Discounted Accommodation and F&B in our hostels, Recognition & Reward Initiatives, Birthday and Anniversary gifts, Company Bonus Schemes, Company Pension Scheme, Training & Development and much, much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Under GDPR all unsuccessful applicants’ information will be removed from the system within one month and will not be passed to any third parties