Due to an exciting internal transfer we are actively recruiting the role of Front Office Manager for our ClinkNOORD Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career to a leadership role or who is already in a leadership role and is looking for a new challenge.
The Journey Changes You!
Clink Hostels was born from the love of travel; our mission is to set the scene for travel stories by bringing people and places together. We want to make a difference to our guests by sparking the imagination of those who love travelling and engaging in new experiences and we need you to help us! We currently have 5 properties in the heart of Europe’s best-loved cities – London, Amsterdam with new openings coming soon! Have we sparked your imagination? Do you want to join our journey?
Reporting into the General Manager, your overall responsibility will be the successful running of the Front Office Department ensuring that our guests have everything they need for a memorable stay with us as well as supporting the reception and security teams in their roles by providing coaching, training and leadership skills. You will also work alongside different heads of department within the hostel and the wider Clink team. Your department is the first interaction that our guests have when they arrive to the hostel and the last our guests see when they leave. You will have the power to create lasting positive memories for our guests.
What will I be doing?
Some of your key responsibilities are:
- Has overall responsibility for Front of House including Reception, Security, and Café including strategy and planning as well as execution for everything concerning the FOH department
- Engage in continuous feedback with your team, conduct shift briefings, weekly team meetings, monthly Manager meetings. Communicate information at all opportunities and encourage team participation in surveys, training, and social events
- Ensure that the hostels are presented in their best light, that the building and all fixtures and fittings are working and are in good order
- Be guest focused listen to the needs of the guest. Identify gaps in service and look at creative ways to closing those gaps
- Live our values of Guest, In-Tune, Dedication and Difference through your behaviours
- Be open, brave and learn everyday but most of all have fun while doing it
- Probably drink Tea or Coffee every day
Who are you?
You are someone who has travelled and can relate to our guests, who is not afraid to be brave or to be the best you can be. Previous experience working in a leadership role within hospitality is desirable but not essential as well as previous experience working in the Netherlands. You are able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure. You are fun, energetic, are open to new challenges and can seek solutions to our guest queries. The ability to speak fluent Dutch for this role is not essential but a bonus however an intermediate level of English is required for the role.
What else do I need to know?
A more detailed job description is available on request and will be discussed at interview stage. Start date for the role will be immediate and we will only respond to applicants who are successful for interview. Click on “Apply Now” to upload your most recent CV and let us know why you are the person for the job and to become part of the family.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Under GDPR all unsuccessful applicants’ information will be removed from the system within one month and will not be passed to any third parties