With spring just around the corner, it’s time to get out and explore all that Amsterdam has to offer! Here’s out pick of what’s on in March …
1. If you’re into the old Dutch Masters then this is an exhibition for you. British artist Glenn Brown subverts and appropriates the work of Rembrandt and his contemporaries in surprising and at times alarming ways. On display at the Rembrandt Museum this month and through to April.
Now until 23rd April
2. Innovative electro ensemble Austra know how to put on a show. Front-woman Katie Stelamanis is classically trained – her soft yet piercing voice gives the act a real backbone and their songs are easy to groove along to. Go check them out at the famous Paradiso.
4th March 2017
3. If you’re staying with us at ClinkNOORD and looking to get a taste of local life in the Noord area, then head along to AmsterJAM at Noorderlicht Cafe. Come along, enjoy the spontaneous performances from talented musicians – and join in if you’re feeling it!
5th March 2017
4. The Sunday Market at Westergasfabriek is inspired by the old London markets like Portobello and Spitalfields. Makers of every creed – from interiors to ceramics to jewellery and art – showcase their pieces for sale. You can also grab great organic food and drink.
5th March 2017
5. Dance and film combine at Cinedans festival at The Eye Film Musuem, just next door to ClinkNOORD. Explore the place where these two worlds meet in a series of films and exhibitions celebrating movement and the moving picture.
9th – 12th March 2017
Tickets according to event
6. Also at Westergasfabriek is Amsterdam Coffee Festival. Come on down to get your caffeine hit for the weekend. With latte art competitions, workshops from coffee ‘mixologists’ and tastings from local roasters, you’re bound to leave absolutely buzzing .. .
10th – 12th March 2017
7. Amsterdam East (or Amsterdam Oost) takes the spotlight during ‘24H Oost.’ During a jam packed 24 hours on the 11th March you cant take in all the best of this cool, creative part of the city. With workshops, tours, performances, film screenings – and even a pillow fight – you might never make it to bed at all!
11th March 2017
Events priced individually, full agenda here
8. No one does a knees up quite like the Irish! Our co-founder Anne is from Dublin so we always make sure to throw a proper St Patrick’s Day Party. Join us at ClinkNOORD for a Guinness or two and some Irish shenanigans.
9. Our neighbours at PLLEK know how to have a good time. Beatroots is a musical smorgasbord that takes off during dinner and leads you right on to the dance floor. Make sure you book a table if you want to eat. If not, just show up and dance the night away.
18th March 2017, 8pm – 3am
10.‘Open Tower Day’ Amsterdam has it’s fair share of tall towers, but most of them are rarely open to the public. gives public visitors the chance to climb various modern and historical towers around the city to enjoy spectacular views across the city.
25th March 2017
The event is free, but some towers require prior registration to visit