Working together to make a difference
community at clink
Clink’s sustainability journey grows faster (and greener!) every year. We know our responsibilities go beyond the walls of our hostels, and we’re dedicated to moving the needle towards sustainable practice in the hospitality industry.
We strive to use our business as a force for good by reducing inequalities, creating high-quality jobs, and developing a healthier environment for all by regularly reviewing our diversity, inclusion, and sustainability. We’re working hard to become a B-Corp certified company through putting environmental and social responsibilities at the forefront of how we operate.
- Clink supports and fundraises for our main charities: Mensen Maken Amsterdam and London Youth. We donate €5 to Mensen Maken Amsterdam from every direct reservation at our boutique hostels Ecomama and Cocomama.
- We offer our social spaces free of charge to organisations promoting positive social change
- We use as many local suppliers as possible.
- Clink paired up with Underwood Brewery and BRLO to fund immediate humanitarian support for Ukrainian Refugees, along with providing accommodation.
sustainability and the environment
- We’re committed to the circular economy and the 5Rs model: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose and Recycle.
- We educate guests about Food Waste with our local partner Taste Before You Waste.
- We reduce our use of plastic, and have banned plastic stirrers, straws & drink bottles.
- We don’t sell tickets of attractions shows where animals are hurt, killed or forced to behave in a way not related to their species.
- We review the sustainability of partners’ practice, products, and company ethos.
- Clink helps in the local neighbourhood on World Clean-up Day.