Looking for the best Sunday roasts in London? We don’t blame you — Sunday is the perfect day to indulge in a delicious dinner and what could be better than a roast? From traditional roasts with all the trimmings to modern twists on this British classic, London has something to offer everyone. Here are some of the best yet affordable Sunday roasts in London, presented by area.
The Best Sunday Roasts in North London
If North London is your neck of the woods, you’re in luck — there are some great Sunday roast options here. Here are our best Sunday roast North London picks:
1. The Pig and Butcher
The menu at The Pig and Butcher changes regularly, but you can always expect to find a few traditional favourites like roast beef, pork and lamb. What really sets The Pig and Butcher apart from other pubs is the quality of the ingredients. All of the meat is sourced from UK farms and the vegetables are fresh and locally grown.
- Average prices: £10 for a starter, £23 for a roast and £8 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm-11 pm (Sunday only/kitchen closes at 9 pm)
- Address: 80 Liverpool Rd, London N1 0QD
The meats at Smokehouse are sourced from the best farms in the UK and are delivered weekly. The carcasses are then roasted over charcoal and smoked using sustainably sourced English oak. The result is a delicious, mouth-watering meal that is sure to please even the most discerning of palates.
- Average prices: £8 for a starter, £18 for a roast and £8 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm-10 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 63-69 Canonbury Rd, London N1 2DG
3. The Albion
The Albion is a charming Georgian gem that has been left largely untouched. The interior is beautiful, with original features and stunning decor. The restaurant area opens out onto a wisteria-filled English country garden, which is one of the best beer gardens in the area. For a truly indulgent meal, the 21-day dry-aged Sirloin beef is a must-try.
- Average prices: £8 for a starter, £21 for a roast and £7.50 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm-10:30 pm (Sunday only/kitchen closes at 9 pm)
- Address: 10 Thornhill Rd, London N1 1HW
4. Bull and Gate
The Bull and Gate is a beloved London pub that was formerly a major player in the indie music scene. Today, this charming spot is especially beloved for its Sunday roasts, which are served up with bottomless Yorkshire puddings and lashings of gravy. The vegan roast is a particular standout and it pairs perfectly with a glass of Finca La Colonia Malbec.
- Average prices: £8 for a starter, £17 for a roast and £7 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 11 am-10:30 pm (Sunday only/kitchen closes at 9 pm)
- Address: 389 Kentish Town Rd, London NW5 2TJ
5. The Engineer
The Engineer is a local favourite in the leafy neighbourhood of Primrose Hill. The roasts come complete with all the trimmings, including plump Yorkshire puddings, roasted root vegetables, ruffled thyme-roasted potatoes and a deliciously rich gravy. No Sunday roast would be complete without a pint (or two) from the pub’s selection of British ale.
- Average prices: £7 for a starter, £17 for a roast and £7 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm-11 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 65 Gloucester Ave., Greater London NW1 8JH
The Best Sunday Roasts in East London
East London is well known for its vibrant and diverse food scene. Here are some of the best Sunday roast East London options:
6. Blacklock Shoreditch
Blacklock Shoreditch is one of the best places for a Sunday roast in East London. The grass-fed meat is cooked simply over a charcoal grill and it is some of the best quality meat you will find in the city. Their “all in” roast option is especially popular, as it includes all the meats for just £24 per person. Add their beef-dripping chips for a truly decadent treat.
- Average prices: £6.5 for a starter, £20 for a roast and £6 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 11:45 am-8:00 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 28-30 Rivington St, London EC2A 3DZ
7. The Culpeper
The Culpeper has a unique setting and sources its ingredients from its very own roof garden. You can enjoy your meal in the lovely ground floor pub, enjoying all the fresh produce that is grown on-site. The beef is especially mouthwatering and is served with horseradish cream and roasted vegetables.
- Average prices: £8 for a starter, £20 for a roast and £9 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12-9 pm (Sunday only/Kitchen closes at 6 pm)
- Address: 40 Commercial St, London E1 6LP
8. The Cat and Mutton
Food at The Cat and Mutton is served seven days a week, and the Sunday roast is definitely worth trying. The Bloody Marys are also excellent, and it’s the perfect way to wash down a hearty meal. If you’re not a cocktail person, the pub offers 16 beers on tap, as well as a selection of over 20 bottled and canned beers.
- Average prices: £4 for nibbles, £18 for a roast and £7 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm–10:30 pm (Sunday only/Kitchen closes at 7 pm)
- Address: 76 Broadway Market, London E8 4QJ
9. The Owl and Pussycat
Sunday roasts at The Owl and Pussycat are not to be missed. You can enjoy bottomless Yorkshire puddings and unlimited gravy. But the star of the show is the Crumble Guy. His crumbles are made with fresh fruit and a secret recipe that is sure to tantalise your taste buds.
- Average prices: £8 for a starter, £18 for a roast and £5.50 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 11 am-11 pm (Sunday only / Kitchen is open 12 pm-8 pm)
- Address: 34 Redchurch St, London E2 7DP
10. The Gun Docklands
The Gun Docklands is one of London’s finest waterside pubs, steeped in history with stunning river views. You can wine and dine in the magnificent Grade II listed building, or enjoy the exceptional riverside terrace as the sun sets over the O2. From South Coast loins of pork to slow-cooked lamb shank and vegetarian wellingtons — there’s a sumptuous Sunday roast for everyone.
- Average prices: £8 for a starter, £19 for a roast and £9 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 11:30 am-10 pm (Sunday only / Kitchen is open 12 pm-7 pm)
- Address: Docklands, 27 Coldharbour, London E14 9NS
The Best Sunday Roasts in South London
South London is also home to some excellent options. Here are our best Sunday roast South London picks:
11. The Anchor and Hope
The Anchor and Hope‘s menu features a variety of succulent meats, all roasted to perfection and served with delicious seasonal vegetables. The seven-hour lamb shoulder is a particular highlight and is perfect for sharing. The dish comes with harissa, tomatoes and gratin dauphinoise, making it a hearty and filling meal. The pub also has an extensive list of real wines, cocktails and craft beer on tap.
- Average prices: £9 for a starter, £25 for a roast and £8 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm-3.30 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 36 The Cut, London SE1 8LP
12. The Three Stags
Located in Kennington, The Three Stags is famed for its roasts, which are served up every Sunday. The head chef and team offer a delicious twist on classic pub fare, using the best seasonal British ingredients. Best of all, its roasts are very competitively priced, so you can enjoy a sumptuous Sunday lunch on a tight budget.
- Average prices: £7 for a starter, £16 for a roast and £6.25 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm-11 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 67-69 Kennington Rd, London SE1 7PZ
13. Swan at the Globe
Swan at the Globe is located at the iconic Shakespeare’s Globe, by the River Thames, and provides a stunning setting in which to enjoy a meal. The roast dinners are served alongside river views, and the menu includes a variety of traditional British dishes. With plenty of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options, there’s something for everyone.
- Average prices: £12 for a starter, £25 for a roast and £8 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 11:30 am-5 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 21 New Globe Walk, Bankside, London SE1 9DT
14. The Black Dog
The Black Dog is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed meal with family or friends. The pub offers classic pub food with a Spanish/European edge. Combined with its rotating selection of real ales, world & craft lagers and delicious wines, this makes for a Sunday lunch that is both tasty and refined.
- Average prices: £7.50 for a starter, £17 for a roast and £6.50 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm–9:30 pm (Sunday only / Kitchen closes at 7 pm)
- Address: 112 Vauxhall Walk, London SE11 5ER
15. Dean Swift Pub
Dean Swift Pub is located in the historic Butlers Wharf area of London and offers a true hidden gem for visitors. The pub has been recently refurbished and now offers 20 outstanding craft beers, quality wines and cocktails on tap. The pub also offers one of the top 25 roasts in London according to the Evening Standard.
- Average prices: £7.50 for a starter, £18 for a roast and £5.50 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm–11 pm (Kitchen closes at 9 pm)
- Address: 10 Gainsford St, London SE1 2NE
The Best Sunday Roasts in West London
West London is home to some superb Sunday roast options in the city. Here are some of the best Sunday roast West London options:
16. The Grove
The Grove offers menu changes with the seasons, with only the freshest ingredients. Whether you want to enjoy your meal indoors or in the garden that wraps around the building, the Grove is the perfect spot to relax in a friendly atmosphere — whatever the season.
- Average prices: £7.50 for a starter, £18 for a roast and £7.50 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm–10:30 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 1 The Grove, Ealing Green, London W5 5QX
17. The Cleveland Arms
The Cleveland Arms sources its ingredients from local suppliers, so you can be sure that you’re getting the freshest food possible. The menu changes weekly, so there’s always something new to try. And best of all, the servings are generous, so you’re sure to leave feeling satisfied.
- Average prices: £7 for a starter, £18 for a roast and £7 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm–10 pm (Sunday only/Kitchen closes at 6 pm)
- Address: 28 Chilworth St, London W2 6DT
18. Kerridge Bar and Grill
Kerridge Bar and Grill is the perfect place to enjoy a luxurious Sunday lunch. The menu offered by famous chef Tom Kerridge changes regularly, but you can always expect it to be packed with seasonal flavours. Share a glazed lobster thermidor omelette for a truly decadent start to your meal.
- Average prices: £20 for a starter, £36 for a roast and £17 for a dessert.
- Opening times: 12 pm-3 pm & 3 pm-9 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 10 Northumberland Ave, London WC2N 5AE
19. The Black Dog Beer House
The Black Dog Beer House is a great place to enjoy a Sunday roast with a twist. All of the food is freshly made in-house, and there are 14 kegs, 5 real ales and 3 real ciders available on tap to accompany your meal. With a focus on quality, the Black Dog is a great option if you’re looking for something a little different.
- Average prices: £9.50 for a starter, £19 for a roast and £10.50 for a cheese platter.
- Opening times: 12 pm-3 pm & 3 pm-9 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 17 Albany Rd, Brentford TW8 0NF
Forester is a great place to enjoy a delicious Sunday roast. The carvery is served on-site or available for takeaways. The meats are cooked to perfection and the vegetables are freshly grown, making it a great option on a budget.
- Opening times: 12-6 pm (Sunday only)
- Address: 2 Leighton Rd., London W13 9EP
On a final note
If you’re looking for a delicious meal out in London, then you’ll want to check out one of these many great options for a Sunday roast. If you’re looking for something different, be sure to check out our list of cheap brunches in London and cheap afternoon tea in London.
Needing cheap and friendly accommodation while in London? Stay with us at Clink261 Budget Hostel or Clink78 backpackers youth hostel in King’s Cross. For more options, make sure to take a look at our handy list of cheap group accommodation in London.