WHO ARE CLINK HOSTELS?
Clink Hostels Ltd, (referred to as “Clink”) is one of the biggest up and coming hostel chains in Europe. Our hostels are located in the exciting cities of Amsterdam and London, but we also have two new hostels opening in Dublin and Lisbon in the next few years.
Our head office address is: Clink Hostels Limited, Clink Head Office, Bed Reservations Jersey LTD, 1 West Centre, Bath Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4ST
The contact details for the companies that locally run our Group’s hostels, and who can help with any questions about your stay, are provided in the appendix of this document.
1. WHEN IS MY DATA COLLECTED?
We collect personal data when you
● You visit our website
● Make a booking on our website www.clinkhostels.com
● Login to our free hostel WiFi
● Contact our Reservations/Groups teams
● Provide payment details for bookings;
For more information on when we collect personal data please see the full Clink Hostels Privacy Notice
2. WHO’S INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT?
Customers personal data is collected from:
● Anyone making a booking
● Anyone calling any of our reservations or groups team
● All guests staying with us
● Any visitors to our properties
We also collect personal data from all of Clink Hostels employees or business partners/collaborators.
We also process personal data for employees and business contacts. Employees should refer to Clink’s Employee Privacy Notice for details;
For more information on whose data we collect please see the full Clink Hostels Privacy Notice.
3. WHY DO YOU COLLECT MY DATA?
In most cases we collect and process personal information so that we can receive & respond to enquiries; make, amend & administer room bookings, process & store payment details, provide access to other products and services (such as meals), provide existing customers with information about our properties and to give them access to special offers and to gather customer feedback which helps us to improve the services that we offer and to improve our customers’ experience whilst visiting or staying at one of our premises;
For more information on whose data we collect please see the full Clink Hostels Privacy Notice
4. WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT?
A lot of the information we collect is essential for processing and confirming reservations made with us.
The information we collect includes but is not exclusively the:
● Guest name
● Telephone number
● Date of birth – asked for at check-in.
● ID (passport, driving licence) -required only at check-in.
● Date of arrival and departure
● Credit card details, including the CVV number (3-digit number on the back of the card) when a booking is made over the phone or via our secure online platform, Mews
Upon arrival at one of our hostels, we require the same information on all guests staying with us, to aid in a smooth and easy check-in.
For more information on the types of data we collect please see the full Clink Hostels Privacy Notice
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We keep personal data for different amounts of time based on our retention policies the type of data, reasonable periods during which we have a legitimate business interest to retain it and legal requirements.
● Customer personal data: 3 years;
● Business Contact personal data: no more than 1 year following last use unless consent is for a longer period;
● Employee personal data: as required by law
6. WILL MY DATA BE USED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
Clink Hostels may use your data for marketing purposes, i.e. in order to inform you of its services which may, according to your past preferences, be of interest to you. These communications shall strictly adhere to applicable legal regulations.
Advertising and marketing materials of the Contracting or other parties shall be sent to you only if you opted in for these communications during the registration process, via e-mail or otherwise.
Your decision about direct marketing may be withheld in accordance with the opt-out rules described in each marketing e-mail or other form of communication. Opting out can be done via changing the settings of your User account or by directly contacting Clink Hostels (please see contact details below). Should you opt out, Clink Hostels shall retain only such data necessary for provision of services in accordance with the rules set out in this policy.
For more information on the processing that we undertake please see the full Clink Hostels Privacy Notice
7. WILL YOU SHARE MY DATA WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES?
Your personal data shall not be shared or provided without your consent to any third party except in the following situations: (a) data is necessary for provision of services – for example credit card details will be exchanged with your bank for your booking to be confirmed (b) Clink Hostel’s is obliged to provide the personal data on the basis of law or upon order by a public authority, or (c) it is specifically allowed by applicable legal regulations.
For more information on when we may share your personal data shall not be shared with any third party please see the full Clink Hostels Privacy Notice
8. WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE TO MY DATA?
By submitting your information to us, you consent to the use of that information..
At any point while we are in possession of your personal data you have the following rights:
● You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
● You have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling;
● You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
● You have the right to ask us to correct the data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
● In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our record;
● Where certain conditions apply you have the right to ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
● You may have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
● Right to judicial review: if Clink Hostels refuses your request under rights of access. Note: we will always provide you with a reason as to why we have refused your rights request;
● You have the right to complain as outlined on the ICO Web Page: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/
Note: Rights requests will be forwarded on to a third party if one is involved in the processing of your personal data.
9. IS MY DATA SECURE?
Clink Hostels will make every effort to ensure that your personal data is stored securely.
The aim is to eliminate unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, or accidental, unauthorised or unlawful access, use, transferring, processing, copying, transmitting, alteration, loss or damage of your personal data. Despite all efforts and meeting all rules set out by applicable legal regulations, it is not possible to guarantee the security of your data, if it is transferred or transmitted in an unsecured way.
For this reason, we have introduced adequate physical, technical and organisational measures and plans to protect and secure all information collected by our services using
● Using Cryptography, where necessary;
● Using password protection, where necessary; and
We require that our partners, who provide supporting services that help us to store and otherwise process your personal data, apply the same high level of protection to your data.
Note: These measures do not remove your duty to secure your own personal data. You should, inter alia, regularly change your passwords and should never use predictable usernames and/or passwords, share your password with other persons, or grant access to your User account and/or disclose your personal data to other persons.
11. CONTACT DETAILS
Please help Clink Hostels ensure that your data is up-to-date. If you believe that some of the data processed by Clink Hostels is incorrect, please contact Clink Hostels at
12. IS THERE A WAY FOR ME TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE USE OF MY DATA?
Please contact Clink Hostels DPO on [email protected] if there is any data privacy and protection matter with which you are dissatisfied
If you remain unhappy with the handling of your case, then you have the right to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as follows:
By phone (UK) 0303 123 1113
By phone (Non UK) +44 1625 545 700
ICO Web Page https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/
Email: dataprotection[email protected]